Middle Years Programme (MYP) subject-group teachers. Subject-group teachers should enroll in a category 2 workshop in their particular subject area.
Teachers from candidate and IB World Schools who have at least one year of experience in delivering the MYP should enroll in these category 2 workshops as part of their continued professional development. You will collaborate and reflect on effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies in each of the MYP subject groups. These workshops encourage you to:
- continue to develop a collaborative and collegial approach to the structures and principles of the subject group aims and objectives, concepts, contexts and approaches to learning skills
- evaluate effective teaching and learning strategies and continue to design tasks that will support the implementation of the subject groups and guidelines
- reflect upon the relevance, innovation and rigour of the student-centred environments that you have created
- share challenges and successes in a continued effort to align the school’s educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to create a challenging programme of international education
- reflect upon your own practices and capabilities.
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
||26th – 28th March 2021
||Virtually – using a bespoke online learning platform
||Friday 26th March at 09:00 GMT
||Sunday 28th March at 16:00 BST