IBAEM coordinates the provision of official IB workshops within Africa, Europe and the Middle East. Some are run by IBAEM itself, others are run under licence by organisations such as IBSCA.
IBSCA is authorised to run IB workshops as the Association of IB World Schools for the UK and Ireland. All IBSCA workshops are held on UK university premises allowing delegates to work in a professional and academic environment. All Ibsca workshops are organised and run in collaboration with Oxford Study Courses (OSC) a not -for-profit organisation, based in Oxford.
All authorised workshops are listed on the IB events calendar. Each IB authorised professional development provider can be recognised by the use of the official IB "in cooperation with" logo. All authorised professional development workshop providers use the same pool of IB trained workshop leaders and follow common patterns of organisation as determined by the IB.
What you can expect from IBSCA Teachers' Workshops:
- Courses delivered by approved and experienced IB workshop leaders
- Emphasis on putting the programme into practice
- Pre-sessional contact with workshop leaders to tailor the sessions to participants' needs
- Relating subject matter as fully as possible to the Diploma Core and the IB Mission Statement
- Interesting university venues
- Opportunities to mix with participants from a range of schools, both within the UK and from elsewhere
- Residential provision within the university - if required
- Courses run at cost price
- Secure online booking and payment options via website