Diploma Programme (DP) theory of knowledge (TOK) teachers who have prepared students for at least one exam session as part of the DP and are keen to improve the TOK experience in the DP.
This workshop is designed for those who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the TOK classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices (January 2014) to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- exploring strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- addressing aspects of assessment in TOK to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement
- integrating TOK across all subjects in the DP to help students make cross-disciplinary links
- examining the dynamic nature that exists between creativity, activity, service (CAS) and TOK when emphasizing the importance of reflection and developing self-awareness
- implementing DP policies and procedures.
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
||Friday 13th November – Sunday 15th November 2020
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 13th
12:45 on Sunday 15th November