Teachers new to the Diploma Programme (DP) at authorized IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization.
This workshop is designed to prepare you to teach theory of knowledge (TOK) in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the DP programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the Theory of knowledge guide and associated assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a TOK course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- the dynamic nature that exists between creativity, activity, service (CAS) and TOK when emphasizing the importance of reflecting and developing self-awareness
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 29th April – Sunday 1st May 2022
||Virtually – using a bespoke online learning platform
||Friday 29th April 2022 at 09:00 BST/GMT+1
||Sunday 1st May 2022 at 16:00 BST/GMT+1
Please note that all sessions are live and will be delivered on the above dates and following UK timings – please bear this in mind when applying from outside of the UK and take into account time differences. You will not be eligible for an attendance certificate unless you attend all the live sessions.