Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization. Educators should enroll in a category 1 workshop in their particular subject area.
These workshops are designed to prepare participants to teach a specific DP subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- using the programme resource centre to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
This is a combined category 1 & 2 workshop so is suitable for the following delegates:
Choose Category 1 if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following.
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administrating the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like to review the subject content before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
||Friday 13th November – Sunday 15th November 2020
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 13th
12:45 on Sunday 15th November