Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization. Educators should enrol in a category 1 workshop in their particular subject area.
These workshops are designed to prepare participants to teach a specific DP subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
• developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
• the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
• structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
• using the programme resource centre (formerly the online curriculum centre, or OCC) to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
|Dates:||Friday 5th – Sunday 7th April 2019|
|Venue:||University of Warwick Conference Centre.|
|Registration:||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 5th.|
|Finish time:||12:45 on Sunday 7th April|