Diploma Programme (DP) subject-group teachers new to the DP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization. Educators should enrol in a category 1 workshop in their particular subject area.
These workshops are designed to prepare participants to teach a specific DP subject in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy. The workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the programme model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the subject-specific guide and associated internal and external assessment requirements with practice marking activities of sample student work
- structuring a course that integrates authentic assessment and encourages students to make links across the DP that will enhance their understanding
- using the programme resource centre (formerly the online curriculum centre, or OCC) to access IB publications and network with other IB educators.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 29th November– Sunday 1st December 2019
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 29th.
12:45 on Sunday 1st December