MYP subject-group teachers new to the MYP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization. Teachers from candidate schools and schools interested in implementing the MYP should enroll in these category 1 workshops.
Participants explore effective teaching, learning, and assessment strategies in each of the MYP subject groups as they prepare for authorization. These workshops encourage participants to:
- develop a collaborative and collegial approach to the structures and principles of the subject group aims and objectives, concepts, contexts, and approaches to learning skills
- prepare effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies and design tasks that will support the implementation of the subject groups and guidelines
- create relevant, innovative and challenging student centred environments
- align their educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to create a challenging programme of international education.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 15th – Sunday 17th June 2018
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 15th.
||12:45 on Sunday 17th June
For workshop applications, you will be directed to a site hosted by OSC (who handle registrations for IBSCA).
Please follow the link below to fill in the simple online application form