Diploma Programme (DP) subject teachers who have prepared students for at least one DP exam session in that specific subject. Educators should enrol in a category 2 workshop in their particular subject area.
These workshops are designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices (January 2014) to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- developing strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- reviewing aspects of assessment to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement and address subject-specific assessment criteria, both internal and external
- integrating the IB philosophy, theory of knowledge (TOK) and creativity, activity, service (CAS) to promote student understanding
- understanding how collaborative planning increases connections between subjects that can reinforce knowledge, understanding and skills
- the role of the extended essay supervisor and subject- specific assessment criteria
- the implementation of DP policies and procedures
- broad changes to the DP (newly published guides following a curriculum review will be the focus of specially designed category 3 workshops called “subject-specific seminars”).
Choose category 2 workshops to develop your expertise in delivering an IB programme. You will have an opportunity to:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance your understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices
||Friday 2nd October – Sunday 4th October 2020
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 2nd
12:45 on Sunday 4th October