Middle Years Programme (MYP) subject-group teachers new to the MYP at established IB World Schools and teachers from interested or candidate schools preparing for authorization.
Teachers from candidate schools and schools interested in implementing the MYP should enroll in one of these category 1 workshops. You will explore effective teaching, learning and assessment strategies in each of the MYP subject groups as you prepare for authorization.
These workshops will encourage you to:
- align educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to create a challenging programme of international education
- develop an understanding of the structures and principles of the subject group framework and guidelines
- prepare teaching, learning and assessment strategies and design tasks that will support the implementation of the subject group framework and guidelines
- engage in relevant, significant, challenging and student-centred environments.
Choose Category 1 if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following.
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administrating the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like to review the subject content before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
|| 25th – 27th June 2021
||Virtually – using a bespoke online learning platform
||Friday 25th June at 09:00 BST
||Sunday 27th June at 16:00 BST