Administrators, heads of school and IB coordinators. Heads of school and Middle Years Programme (MYP) coordinators from candidate schools and schools interested in implementing the MYP should enrol in this category 1 workshop.
You will explore the philosophical, pedagogical and administrative implications of the IB programme to help as you prepare for the verification visit. This workshop encourages you to:
- develop a leadership approach around collaboration and collegiality
- transform teaching, learning and assessment practices through a concept-based curriculum that ignites inquiry, action and reflection in global contexts
- motivate your school community to innovate and take risks
- align the school’s educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to implement a challenging programme of international education.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 11th – Sunday 13th October 2019
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 11th.
12:45 on Sunday 13th October