Middle Years Programme (MYP) administrators, heads of school and IB coordinators.
Heads of school and MYP coordinators from candidate schools and schools interested in implementing the MYP should enroll in this category 1 workshop. You will explore the philosophical, pedagogical and administrative implications of the IB programme to help as you prepare for the verification visit. This workshop encourages you to:
- develop a leadership approach around collaboration and collegiality
- transform teaching, learning and assessment practices through a concept-based curriculum that ignites inquiry, action and reflection in global contexts
- motivate your school community to innovate and take risks
- align the school’s educational beliefs and values to reflect those of the IB in order to implement a challenging programme of international education.
Choose Category 1 if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following.
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administrating the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like to review the subject content before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 26th March – Sunday 28th March 2021
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 26th
12:45 on Sunday 28th March