Diploma Programme (DP) coordinators who are:
- in schools conducting the feasibility study with a view to implementation of the DP
- new to the DP and/or are about to join an IB World School or candidate school.
This workshop is designed to help new DP coordinators implement the programme in a manner that supports the IB mission statement and philosophy, while at the same time conforming to the DP programme standards and practices. By exploring various leadership and administration facets of the role, this workshop will focus on:
- developing an understanding of the IB mission and philosophy through the DP model as a context for a holistic learning experience
- the roles and responsibilities of the DP coordinator and possible strategies for implementing the DP in the context of the school in which participants work
- supporting the various stakeholders related to the school’s Diploma Programme
- IB programme standards and practices and the processes involved in application both for candidacy and authorization
- key IB publications that inform the work of the DP coordinator
- online systems, such as International Baccalaureate information system (IBIS) and the programme resource centre (formerly the online curriculum centre, or OCC), systems that are vital to the role of the DP coordinator.
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will not only have a strong understanding of the underlying principles of the DP, but will also have begun to draft various school-specific documents to help with the ongoing implementation and growth of the DP.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 5th – Sunday 7th April 2019
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 5th.
||12:45 on Sunday 7th April