Recommended for: DP subject teachers who have prepared students for at least one DP exam session in that specific subject.
These workshops are designed for participants who are keen to improve the teaching and learning experience in the DP classroom. The workshop will focus on:
- assessing the links between IB Programme standards and practices (January 2014) to enhance the teaching and learning experience
- developing strategies to improve student access to the DP; for example, differentiating the curriculum and offering multilingual classrooms
- reviewing aspects of assessment to ensure that teaching and learning activities promote student achievement and address subject-specific assessment criteria, both internal and external
- integrating the IB philosophy, TOK and CAS to promote student understanding
- understanding how collaborative planning increases connections between subjects that can reinforce knowledge, understanding and skills
- the role of the extended essay supervisor and subject specific assessment criteria
- the implementation of DP policies and procedures
Dates: Friday 24th – Sunday 26th March, 2017
Venue: University of Warwick Conference Centre.
Registration: Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 24th.
Finish time: 12:45 on Sunday 26th March.
Apply: please click here to fill in the simple online application form (OSC website).
Category 2: Developing expertise in current IB educators
Category 2 workshops look at assessment, teaching and learning methodologies and best practice in the classroom. They are for educators who have already been teaching their particular IB programme. Participants will be expected to have a good understanding of their programme, as well as practical experience in assessment, so they can share good practices. Participants will:
- make connections between programme frameworks and classroom practice
- enhance their understanding of assessment in IB programmes
- discuss and analyse standards and practices appropriate to their role.