Members of educational leadership teams (school directors, school principals, district officials) who are:
- in schools conducting the feasibility study with a view to implementation of the Diploma Programme (DP)
- in a non-IB school but interested in learning about the DP
- are new to the DP and/or are about to join an authorized or candidate school. This workshop is designed to help educational leaders to explore the philosophical and administrative implications of running the Diploma Programme (DP) in their school or schools, either when introducing a new programme or when joining an established one.
The workshop will focus on:
- the IB Diploma Programme model and how it holistically links the IB mission and philosophy, approaches to teaching and learning, and the curriculum (core and subject groups)
- the implications for the school and its community of implementing the DP, including costs and staffing
- strategies to support successful implementation of the DP across a range of school contexts
- the IB Programme standards and practices and the processes involved in application for candidacy and authorization and in the 5-year evaluation.
Choose category 1 workshops if you are new to the IB or if your situation is similar to any of the following:
- You are new to the faculty of a longstanding IB World School and have not taught in an IB programme previously.
- You are aware of the IB philosophy and programme structure but are not experienced in teaching or administering the IB.
- You are familiar with the IB subject guide (including assessment procedures, moderation) and would like greater confidence before teaching a course.
- You have inherited a course and would like a review before teaching it to suit your own style and expertise.
||Friday 15th – Sunday 17th June 2018
||University of Warwick Conference Centre.
||Anytime between 13:00 and 14:00 on Friday 15th.
||12:45 on Sunday 17th June
For workshop applications, you will be directed to a site hosted by OSC (who handle registrations for IBSCA).
Please follow the link below to fill in the simple online application form